I feel compelled to jot an idea down, even though it's past this doc's bedtime. (Have to get up early to drive 4 hours for my lunch meeting, blah blah).
Some thoughts: Many people, including myself, have often said (in regards to a relationship), "all I want is to be able to be myself with (him/her)." "I know I'm relaxed when I can just be myself and that's a sign that it's all good". Or some mumbo jumbo like that.
Agree? Well consider this idea that popped into my head an hour ago. Maybe I just don't want to always "be myself". Maybe there are habits, rituals, ways of thinking, routines, that although are "all me", I wouldn't mind a bit of a change for once. I mean, who wants a date/partner that in some way doesn't challenge us? Get us out of our comfort zone in order to grow? Or at least experience new ideas or ways of thinking? As much as I do "like" myself, and feel comfortable "being myself", I also am attracted to women who entice me to get out of my box.
Now of course I appreciate someone who "allows " me to be myself, but heck, if no one ever said, "uh hey Dr. Joey, can you be a bit less hardheaded?" then I guarantee I wouldn't change on my own. (Or probably at a much slower rate). So here's to those ladies and future ladies who I will not entirely be "myself" when I'm around them. Here's to you bringing out the best, the unexplored and the new out of me.
Here's to Change. Yes I can. ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment