Monday, September 21, 2009

Part Duo! :)

Well, well, so much to say, so much to say...ergo, abridged version:

Last Saturday night: I and the cousins meet up, happy hour, "make it a double" - next thing we're heading out to a schwanky LA restaurant where the steaks are $17/oz. That can add up for a nice piece of meat, at about $272 per pound. A number of drinks and it's all good. Briefly head to the club next door... next thing is after midnight and we're home. Note to self: do not let cousin take my iPhone and send friends messages on Facebook after she's had a few. Funny, very yes. Possible trouble? Yes again. Anyway, she took my phone, I didn't care, and next thing there's random posts on my friend's pages from "me".

At that time, I'm feeling pretty good. So good, in fact, that I decide to go ahead and tell my *other* cousin to arrange a meet 'n' greet with my future wife (see previous post). So without really thinking, I log into Southwest.com and buy myself a ticket to fly down for a happy hour to meet this friend of my cousin. I mean really? I just bought an airline ticket? Geeze, add that to the tally, now looking at $676 spent on date related stuff.

Anyway to wrap it up, we had a fun night - until about 4 A.M. when our collective stomachs started to complain...

Sunday ended up with a nice brunch and I decided to drive home. BUT wait, you ask - what about the young 25 year old hedge fund girl? Yes yes. So I had left a message with her days before, no answer. Then Saturday day I also checked in with her. No reply. While I'm away at brunch on Sunday, she finally leaves me a voicemail, and apologizes that her phone has been goofy. Whatever. I don't call her back. Then she sends me three (3!) text messages trying to get a hold of me, wonders if Sunday doesn't work if I'll be in town Monday night to have drinks after work...

Honestly, I'm just tired. And really, that wouldn't go anywhere, so halfway home to NorCal, I text her, tell her what's up. She was disappointed as she was "so much looking forward to meeting me". Well, not so much that she didn't check her voicemail for a few days. "Maybe we can meet up next time" I'm in LA, she asks. "Sure" I say. Sure thing. Oh well, she can find some nice guy closer to her and closer to her age, I'm sure.

And I drove 6 hours home, only to be reminded of my leaky kitchen ceiling. But that's another story.

SO I had a great trip to SoCal! Can't wait to go back. Oh wait, I am, like in 4 days!!!

At least I don't have more dates this week before then. Or do I?? ;) more to come next time!

This Week's Sneak Preview Key Words:

Wednesday:: 1/2 Italian Roommate
Thursday: Representing NorCal
Friday: Now Boarding...

2 comments:

  1. wow...you are so lucky to have such smart, funny, good looking and all around rad cousins. cherish them and never forget to tell them how much you love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh heh, I woooonder which anonymous this is?!? :)

    ReplyDelete